The delegation from Shanxi Province headed up by the Vice Governor, Mr Zhang Fuming was welcomed to the West Midlands by Philip Atkins, Leader of Staffordshire County Council on behalf of the Mercia Silk Road Initiative on 24th May. The Vice Governor was keen to establish links with the area and talked of possible collaborative projects.
The presentations can be downloaded below.
Mark Schneider, Director WMES – The West Midlands
Janene Cox, Commissioner for Tourism and Culture, Staffordshire County Council – The Culture and Heritage Offer in Staffordshire
John Carr, Board Member, Stoke & Staffordhire LEP – LEP Persepective on Government Clean Energy Policy
Dr Sharon George, Director MSc ES> & Susutainablity Hub Manager, Faculty of Natural Sciences PGT Director, Keele University – Modern Approaches to Coal Extraction
Andrew Briggs,Client Manager Energy, Stoke-on-Trent City Council – Green use of coal reserves and the efforts to move towards new, cleaner sources of energy/geothermal heating
The following members made up the delegation:
- Mr. Zhang Fuming, Vice Governor of Shanxi Province
- Mr. Wu Shaozhong, Deputy Director-General of Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Shanxi Provincial People’s Government
- Mr. Qin Tailong, Director of the Department of Science and Technology of Shanxi Province
- Mr. Han Ruiyong, Deputy Director of Shanxi Provincial People’s Government
- Mr Shi Jinming, Shanxi Museum