The West Midlands has been developing a relationship with the cities of Tianjin, Chengdu and Guangzhou, China for 2 years. There have been several visits to the cities and the West Midlands has received delegations here. WMES organised a successful SME mission to Tianjin in December 2014. 6 SMEs from the environmental technologies sector met with a number of Chinese companies to develop business opportunities.
WMES has established very good links with DRC (Development and Reform Commission) and also established links with a number of business associations, local authorities, mayors’ offices, business support organisations, research and development organisations and incubator/science parks in Tianjin and Chengdu who will be able to support B2B activity.
Further information on Tianjin and Chengdu is available here
- Saturday 24th September Travel to Beijing
- Sunday 25th September Arrive in Tianjin/ rest day
- Monday 26th September B2B meetings
- Tuesday 27th September B2B meetings
- Wednesday 28th September Beijing – meetings/free day/ b2bs. Travel to Chengdu
- Thursday 29th September B2B meetings Chengdu
- Friday 30th September B2B meetings Chengdu
- Saturday 1st October Free day and evening travel to UK
The mission will be open to companies from across the WM and will focus on aerospace, automotive, medical and environmental technologies, although other sectors will be considered. Each business that participates in the mission will receive the following:
- Meeting to discuss how to do business in China, cultural issues etc.
- Pre arranged business to business meetings based on a company profile
- Hotels will be pre booked at preferential rates
During the Visit
- Pre-arranged meetings with Chinese companies in Tianjin and Chengdu, at least 2 in each city
- Company visits in Tianjin, Beijing and Chengdu
- Conference in Tianjin
- The programme will be flexible in order to allow you time to arrange follow up meetings if required.
Companies will be accompanied on the mission by representatives from WMES, WMES will identify the hotels and flights but responsibility for booking flights and applying for visas will lie with the company. WMES will obtain letters of invitation from China in order to apply for visas.
The maximum cost will be £2,500 which includes:
- Pre trip briefing to include:
- Practicalities for travel
- Doing business in China
- Cultural etiquette
- Letters of invitation and visa
- Return flights
- Bullet train Beijing – Tianjin
- Internal flight Beijing to Chengdu
- Accommodation (3 nights in Tianjin)
- Accommodation in (3 nights in Chengdu)
- Internal travel
- Arrangement fee