2.1 Extending broadband deployment and the roll-out of high-speed networks
- Roll out of open, affordable infrastructures in under-served areas and less developed regions with the aim of creating jobs and increasing productivity.
2.2 E-Government applications to enhance innovation and modernisation of services
2.3 ICT applications contributing to meeting future societal challenges
- E-Health, ageing population, reducing carbon emissions, resource efficiency, education, integrated ICT solutions for smart cities.
2.4 Investment in large-scale uptake of ICT based innovations within and across regions to address societal challenges.
2.5 Enhancing the accessibility, use and quality of ICT in rural areas
- Creation, improvement and expansion of broadband infrastructure, including passive broadband infrastructure.
- ICT applications and services in support of the sustainability and competitiveness of rural areas and of agriculture and food processing.
- e-content relevant to the development of rural tourism
- Promotion of digital competence outside formal education systems among farmers, forestry managers and rural businesses.